SUCCESS IN THE CLASSROOM IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS SUCCESS ON THE FIELD
Pennsylvania 529 College Savings Program has teamed up with the Philadelphia Union to promote the PA 529 College Savings Program, which provides two tax-advantaged ways to save for higher education expense.
Open a PA 529 account and receive 15 reward points for your Junior Supporters Membership. Enroll for free by using promo code: UNION when signing up for the PA 529 GSP.
Start saving for college today.
Many financial experts agree that 529 college savings plans are one of the best ways for families to save.
Two plans to choose from:
PA 529 GUARANTEED SAVINGS PLAN (GSP):
- A simple, lower-risk way to help keep pace with rising college tuition costs
- Save at today’s lower GSP credit rates
- Growth is based on tuition inflation
- Exclusively for Pennsylvanians (either the account owner or beneficiary must be a resident)
PA 529 INVESTMENT PLAN (IP):
- Financial options provided by The Vanguard Group
- Select from 13 options – from conservation, to balanced, to aggressive – including three age-based options
- Returns are based on the investment options that you select
- PA 529 plan benefits.
Save and reduce your taxes
State Tax Deductions
- Deduct contributions up to $13,000 per beneficiary per year (up to $26,000 per couple) from Pennsylvania taxable income
- Tax-Deferred Growth
- The earnings grow federal and state tax-free
- Tax-Free Withdrawals
- Withdrawals for qualified expenses are not subject to federal or state income taxes
- Use your account for most colleges nationwide; universities, community colleges, career schools and law, medical or business schools qualify. To search for eligible schools, visit www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Pay for more than just your tuition
- You can use your account to pay for tuition, certain room and board costs, required books and supplies
Get started today
Open an account
- Review your financial goals and select the plan that best suits your needs. Enroll online at www.pa529.com to obtain a free enrollment kit(s).
Make a contribution
- Contribute any amount (minimum $15 for the PA 529 GSP and $25 for the PA 529 IP) – in a lump sum, periodically or automatically by payroll deduction or bank transfer.
Use your account
- Use your available account balance to cover qualified higher education expenses.