HOW CAN PARENT/GUARDIANS HELP?
Our staff is 100% committed to enhancing every players skills and good habits, but we need your support in the following ways:
- Monitor your son/player’s behavior and discuss issues with YSC Union staff! Please COMMUNICATE with us! The more we understand the better we can help your son / player. Solutions to issues will not be solved without open communication.
- Ensure your son/player’s gets plenty of REST (e.g., early to bed, prior to matches and training).
- Remember it’s your son/player’s RESPONSIBILITY to communicate with Union staff members and pack his own equipment.
- Elite level players need to be placed in an ENVIRONMENT that will push them and drive them to maximize their potential. We encourage families and coaches to allow participation in this unique program.
- Ensure that your son/player has a HEALTHY, balanced diet.
PHILADELPHIA UNION AND YSC REQUIRES PARENT/GUARDIANS RESPECT THE FOLLOWING CONDUCT GUIDELINES:
- I agree that Union Academy is focussed on the individual development of my child, and that development is a long-term (not a short-term) process.
- I understand the intentions of the Union Academy coaching staff are to help my child grow positively both as a player and person.
- I agree that Union Academy has the right to suspend or terminate my childʼs participation if my behavior or my childʼs behavior is deemed inappropriate.
- I agree to emphasize development first and foremost with my child because I understand development is MORE important than results.
- I agree to be a quiet observer during Union training and games, and shall NOT coach my child during any Union Academy sessions or games.
HOW DO I GET MY CHILD INVOLVED?
To set up a Union Juniors trial, interested players should have their club's Director of Coaching contact YSC Union Juniors in order to set up a trial for the player. YSC Union Juniors will require a conversation with the DOC before accepting anyone for a trial. All requests for trials should be directed to YSC Union Juniors Operations Manager Joe Levan at email@example.com or 484-678-1432. No parents should contact Joe for a trial.