Youth Developmental Affiliate (YDA) requirements
- Must have written Curriculum Plan outlining club philosophy and coaching methodologies.
- Club must have a clear structure regarding oversight of technical programming.
- Must have USSF and/or equivalent certified coaches on staff including a Director of Coaching responsible for overseeing player development.
- Club must reside within Philadelphia Union’s home territory (e.g., 75-mile radius from PPL Park, excluding Maryland and 25 mile radius around Red Bull Arena).
Note: Clubs which reside outside the home territory can be considered in exceptional circumstances provided they are not in the home territory of another MLS club.
Instructions on having your club become a Youth Development Affiliate (YDA)
- Please list full-time club technical staff, including roles and responsibilities
- Describe your club's development philosophy
- Describe your club's leadership structure
- Including technical leadership
- Describe your club's expectations from an affiliation with the Philadelphia Union
- Player development
- Coach development