Appearances are an important chance for Philadelphia Union to interact with organizations and individuals throughout the community. However, the demands of travel, practice and games make the availability of our players, coaches and front office staff limited. In order for us to best facilitate your needs, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines. Please note that all requests for an appearance must be made six weeks in advance of the publicity deadline or of the event itself, whichever is first.
- Appearances last no longer than 90 minutes and occur within a 35-mile radius of PPL Park (Youth Soccer Club appearances potentially up to 60 miles). Please consider driving time when submitting the request for an appearance.
- Appearances should not begin earlier than 2:00 p.m. on training days (training typically occurs Monday through Friday) and no appearances will be scheduled on game days or the night before a game.
- Due to the volume of requests, player appearances cannot be made at personal events, such as birthday parties, etc. Visits to individual schools will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- A Philadelphia Union staff member, intern and/or volunteer will attend every scheduled Philadelphia Union appearance and will bring the appropriate items as needed (i.e. player cards, autograph pens, promotional items, banners) and will offer assistance when appropriate.
- Due to training, travel, Philadelphia Union or National Team games, player participation may not be confirmed until as little as a day before the event. While we will make every effort to offer a substitute player, we caution you not to assume that we will be able to do so. If not, we will do our best to reschedule.
- Scheduling player appearances while the team is out of town is very difficult and may result in no players being available.
- Some events may require appearance fees.
- The Communications Department will contact you if your event request will require you to pay an appearance fee.
- You must use Philadelphia Union’s Player/Coach Appearance Request Form in order for your application for an official appearance by a player, coach and/or front office/management member to be considered. Please do not call or email to make your request.
- Only Philadelphia Union’s Communications Department can book members of the Philadelphia Union organization for public appearances.
- Appearance requests may be prioritized according to the following criteria:
- Connection to charity organization that is in line with the mission of Philadelphia Union
- Whether or not organization or event has a pre-existing relationship with the Philadelphia Union
- The chance to increase Philadelphia Union’s media and community profile
- Once your request has been reviewed, you will be contacted by a representative from Philadelphia Union and learn the status of your request: declined, pending or accepted. Because of the volume of requests we receive, please allow 3-4 weeks for a response.