The Union will take on New England Revolution in the team's Home Opener tonight, with kick off slated for 7:00 p.m. ET. Below is the starting lineup and notes.
Starting XI: Andre Blake, Keegan Rosenberry, Jack Elliott, Auston Trusty, Fabinho, Haris Medunjanin, Alejandro Bedoya, Fabian Herbers, Anthony Fontana, David Accam, CJ Sapong
Bench: John McCarthy, Richie Marquez, Ray Gaddis, Derrick Jones, Eric Ayuk, Cory Burke, Jay Simpson
- Andre Blake is making his third consecutive MLS Opening Day start with the Philadelphia Union. On September 26, 2015, Blake set a club record against New England with 10 saves.
- Keegan Rosenberry has three career assists with the Philadelphia Union. One of those came on August 13, 2016 against New England in the Union’s 4-0 win. Rosenberry’s assist came on a header back to Richard Marquez who scored the third goal of the game in the 54th minute.
- Rookie of the Year award finalist Jack Elliott started 29 games for the Union in 2017. Elliott’s 29 starts are the most of any returning Union defender.
- Auston Trusty is making his first ever start for the Philadelphia Union. In 2017, Trusty was a staple in Bethlehem Steel FC’s defense, making 24 starts and registering two assists.
- Fabinho has been with the club since 2013. He made 21 starts at leftback for Philadelphia in 2017 and had two assist on the year. During the 2017 season, he became the seventh player in Union history to make 100 appearances with a start at Real Salt Lake on May 27th.
- In the 2018 Rowdies Suncoast Invitational, Haris Medunjanin scored the Union’s lone goal in a 2-1 defeat to the Tampa Bay Rowdies on February 24th. Medunjanin’s free kick goal came in the 84thminute of the pre-season defeat.
- Alejandro Bedoya scored two goals and added four assists in his first full season last year with the Philadelphia Union. He was also part of the championship-winning United States Men’s National Team during the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- Fabian Herbers is entering his third season with the Union. Herbers appeared in the last two MLS Opening Day games for the Union, including a 90-minute shift against Vancouver on March 5th, 2017.
- Anthony Fontana will be making his Major League Soccer debut for the Union. Fontana was signed to a homegrown contract last summer, and appeared in a friendly against Swansea City.
- David Accam is starting his first game for the Union, after being acquired via a trade with the Chicago Fire. This will be his fourth MLS season and has tallied 33 goals over that period.
- CJ Sapong is entering his seventh MLS season, fourth with the Union. Sapong had a club-leading 16 goals in 2017, finishing with the eighth most in the league.