Philadelphia Union will face off against Los Angeles Football Club tonight in their only matchup of the 2018 seasons, with kick off set for 8 p.m. ET on PHL17. Below is the starting lineup and notes.
Starting XI: Andre Blake; Keegan Rosenberry, Mark McKenzie, Auston Trusty, Ray Gaddis; Warren Creavalle, Alejandro Bedoya; Marcus Epps, Ilsinho, Fafa Picault; CJ Sapong
Bench: John McCarthy, Fabinho, Jack Elliott, Derrick Jones, Anthony Fontana, David Accam, Cory Burke
- Andre Blake registered his fifth clean sheet of the year last week in the win against Vancouver. Blake’s five shutouts are tied for the third most in MLS this season.
- Keegan Rosenberry has appeared in 15 MLS matches this season, surpassing his games played total from 2017.
- Mark McKenzie was named to the Major League Soccer Team of the Week for his performance against Vancouver last week in the Union’s 4-0 victory.
- Auston Trusty is the only outfield player on Philadelphia’s roster to start every MLS contest in 2018.
- On June 23rd, 2018, Ray Gaddis registered his ninth shot of the season, which is now a career-high in shots for a single season. Gaddis has recorded more shots this season than in the three previous seasons combined.
- Warren Creavalle will be making his sixth appearance of the season for the Union tonight. Philadelphia owns a 3-2-0 record in 2018 when Creavalle appears in a match.
- Union Captain Alejandro Bedoya recorded his fourth assist of the season last Saturday, tying a MLS career high for assists in a season. Philadelphia owns a record of 4-0-1 in 2018 when Bedoya records a goal or an assist in a match.
- Marcus Epps will be making his sixth start of the season tonight against LAFC. Epps has set a new career-high in assists this season.
- Ilsinho has recorded four goals this season for Philadelphia, three of the four have coming when the Brazilian has been in the Starting XI.
- Fafa Picault tied a career-high for shots recorded in a match with six last week against Vancouver. He also scored a last-minute penalty in the shutout against Vancouver.
- CJ Sapong will be making his 15th start for the Union this season. Last week against Vancouver, Sapong recorded three shots, the highest total in a match since April 28.