Philadelphia Union will host Bundesliga club Eintracht Frankfurt tonight in an international friendly at Talen Energy Stadium, with kick off set for 7 p.m. ET. The match will be live streamed and is available here. Below is the starting lineup and notes:
Starting XI: John McCarthy; Olivier Mbaizo, Jack Elliott, Richie Marquez, Fabinho; Warren Creavalle, Derrick Jones; Fabian Herbers, Anthony Fontana, Marcus Epps; Jay Simpson
Bench: Andre Blake; Ray Gaddis, Keegan Rosenberry, Mark McKenzie, Auston Trusty, Matt Real; Haris Medunjanin, Alejandro Bedoya, Borek Dockal, David Accam, Fafa Picault, Michee Ngalina, Cory Burke
- Goalkeeper John McCarthy makes his second appearance across all competitions this season at Talen Energy Stadium. McCarthy started and kept a clean sheet in the Union’s 5-0 U.S. Open Cup win over the Richmond Kickers on June 5th.
- Tonight marks Oliver Mbaizo’s on-field debut for the Philadelphia Union after being signed on April 17, 2018. Mbaizo has started 10 games for Bethlehem Steel and has a tackle success rate of 88.2%.
- Jack Elliott’s last start for the Union saw him score the opening goal in the 5-0 U.S. Open Cup win over the Richmond Kickers. Elliot’s third minute header was his first goal in all competitions of the 2018 season.
- Union defender Richie Marquez makes his first on-field appearance of the 2018 season tonight. Marquez was sidelined most of the season after sports hernia surgery but has appeared twice for Bethlehem Steel FC at center back.
- Fabinho makes his first start in any competition for the Union since June 2, Fabinho will serve as the Captain for the Union to start the match.
- Warren Creavalle has made seven appearances for the Union in the 2018 MLS season. Creavalle was substituted on for the last 24 minutes of Philadelphia’s 4-3 win over the Chicago Fire on Wednesday night.
- In Bethlehem Steel FC’s 2-1 defeat to Atlanta United II on July 11, Derrick Jones notched his fourth goal of the season for the USL side. Jones now ranks second on the Steel in goals with four. Jones makes his first start for the Union since the 5-0 victory over the Richmond Kickers.
- Fabian Herbers makes his first Union start since March 31, 2018 against the Colorado Rapids. The former Creighton Bluejay leads Bethlehem Steel in goals (five) and is second in assists (three).
- Homegrown player Anthony Fontana makes his first Union start since scoring in the 5-0 victory over the Richmond Kickers. Fontana has also started eight games for Bethlehem in 2018.
- Midfielder Marcus Epps’ successful second season with the Union has resulted in 11 appearances, one goal, and two assists. Epps makes his first start since June 30.
- Jay Simpson’s last appearance for the Union saw him score his first goal of the season against the Richmond Kickers in the 5-0 victory on June 5. Simpson makes his first start of the 2018 season in all competitions.