The 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup got underway this weekend with Group A and B kicking off the tournament on the west coast. Check out how all the action went down.
- Canada opened it's Gold Cup run inside the Rose Bowl with the country's largest win in the tournament. After enduring a few chances created by Martinique, once the Canadians found the back of the net the match was over.
- Jonathan David netted a brace in the win to plant the flag that Canada is looking to not only advance out of the group but make a run deep in the tournament.
- Tata Martino's first test on the big stage as El Tri's manager was a flying success despite missing numerous superstars.
- All you need is a chance and LA Galaxy's Uriel Antuna made the most of his chances. The final player to make Mexico's Gold Cup roster, the winger opened the scoring in the second minute in route to a hat trick.
- Reading United alum Frantzdy Pierrot couldn't be stopped as he led the comeback charge for Haiti in San Jose.
- After falling behind on a first-half stoppage time goal, Pierrot bagged a brace with goals in the 54th and 66th minute to live Haiti to three points in their group opener.
- Los Ticos made easy work on their first match of the tournament, needed just seven minutes to break the scoreless contest.
- Once Bryan Oviedo opened the scoring, the goals poured on as Costa Rica jumped out to a 3-0 halftime lead and never looked back.