The Union face off against Minnesota United FC for the first time in franchise history. Kick-off for the match is at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Starting XI: Andre Blake, Giliano Wijnaldum, Oguchi Onyewu, Jack Elliott, Keegan Rosenberry, Haris Medunjanin, Warren Creavalle, Chris Pontius, Ilsinho, Fafa Picault, CJ Sapong
Bench: John McCarthy, Charlie Davies, Roland Alberg, Ray Gaddis, Richie Marquez, Marcus Epps, Derrick Jones
- Andre Blake enters today's match with a 1.32 goals against average (GAA), which currently ranks third best on the Union's all-time single-season GAA list behind Faryd Mondragon's 1.06 (2011) and Zac MacMath's 1.29 (2013).
- Giliano Wijnaldum is coming off recording his first assist as member of the of the Union in their Aug. 26th matchup against Atlanta United. The assist occurred on a Roland Alberg goal in the 18th minute.
- Oguchi Onyewu has played every minute of every match in 19 of the 20 games he has appeared in for the Union this season. The lone match where Onyewu did not play all 90 minutes was at NYCFC on June 3rd.
- Rookie of the Year candidate Jack Elliott continued to build on his strong season in the Union's last match (Aug. 26 vs. Atlanta) where he recorded the first of assist of his MLS career in the 23rd minute on Alejandro Bedoya's tally.
- Keegan Rosenberry and Minnesota's Brandon Allen were teammates at Georgetown University from 2012-2-15. The two combined for total of 181 appearances for the Hoyas during that span.
- Warren Creavalle is making his third appearance in the starting XI this season, his first since July 19th at Montreal.
- Haris Medunjanin leads the Union in assists (8) and minutes played (2,427) this season. Medunjanin's minutes played ranks fifth in MLS and he ranks tied for 14th in assists.
- Chris Pontius' next assist will set a career high for assists in a season. Pontius' six assists this season ties his career high he set last season with the Union.
- Ilsinho, in three fewer games played than last season with the Union, has set MLS career highs in goals (4) and assists (3).
- Fafa Picault ranks second on the team in shots on goal (SOG) with 16 behind CJ Sapong's 25.
- CJ Sapong is two goals away from tying the Union record for goals in a single regular-season, previously set Sebastian Le Toux (14) in the 2010 regular season.