The Union take on Chicago Fire in the team's final road match of the season. Kick-off is at 5:00 p.m. ET.
Starting XI: Andre Blake, Fabinho, Richie Marquez, Jack Elliott, Ray Gaddis, Haris Medunjanin, Alejandro Bedoya, Fafa Picault, Ilsinho, Chris Pontius, CJ Sapong
Bench: John McCarthy, Jay Simpson, Oguchi Onyewu, Roland Alberg, Derrick Jones, Keegan Rosenberry, Marcus Epps
- Andre Blake enters today's match with a save percentage of 71.6%, which is on pace to set the the club record for highest save percentage in a single-season. Blake has recorded 83 saves on 116 shots on goal (SOG).
- Fabinho recorded the 14th assist of his MLS career in the Union's previous match against Chicago on September 23rd. The assist occurred on a 64th minute goal scored by CJ Sapong.
- In Richie Marquez's last three starts the Union have only conceded one goal and sport a record of 2-0-1.
- Jack Elliott's 27 games started and 2,442 minutes played ranks first among all players on the 2017 AT&T Rookie of the Year Award Ballot.
- Ray Gaddis has played all 90 minutes in 18 of 21 matches he has appeared in this regular-season.
- Alejandro Bedoya's 4 shots in the Union's previous match against Chicago on September 23rd were tied for the most shots Bedoya had recorded in a MLS match.
- Haris Medunjanin is one of the two players in MLS to rank in the top 15 in minutes played (2,877) and assists (10). Seattle midfielder Nicolás Lodeiro also ranks in the top 15 in both of these categories.
- Fafa Picault's 5 goals this season are the most goals he has scored in a calendar year since he also scored 5 goals with the Fort Lauderdale Strikers (NASL) in 2014.
- Ilsinho and Chicago midfielder Juninho, both natives of Brazil, have both played for São Paulo Futebol Clube, which is in Brazil's topflight. Ilsinho's played there from 2006-2007 and 2010-2011 and Juninho played there in 2008.
- Chris Pontius has 4 career goals against Chicago with two of those goals occurring in the Union's 3-1 victory over the Fire on September 23rd.
- CJ Sapong is making his 200th appearance of his MLS career today. Sapong has a team-leading 14 goals this season and is one goal away from breaking the club record for most goals scored in a single-season.