The Union are always ready to do their part to help Kick Childhood Cancer, and on September 14th Phang is going to do his best to support the cause by throwing all his birthday energy behind it! Scroll down to find out all the awesome events planned.
Kick Childhood Cancer
Throughout September, the Union and MLS are raising funds and awareness for childhood cancer research and treatment. It all begins with a special pregame fashion parade around the field that will feature kids from Kisses for Kyle in collaboration with Mascots for a Cure.
On the pitch, the Union will wear limited edition adidas Kick Childhood Cancer tops during warm-ups and the procession prior to the match. The tops will be available in the Union Shop in limited quantities so be there when the doors open at 6 p.m.
Postgame Kick on the Field
Be like the pros and take a shot on goal following the match. Kids 14 and under are invited to pre-register to guarantee their spot.
- Step 1: Pre-register and complete the waiver.
- Step 2: Arrive at the stadium and head to Ticket HQ located near section 113.
- Step 3: Check in and receive your wristband. There will be TWO (2) wristbands colors that will designate which end of the stadium kids will shoot. One color will be for kids going to the River End to kick and the other color will be signify your child will shoot toward the Union Club.
- NOTE: Only one (1) parent will be able to walk out with their child.
- Step 4: Following the match, report to section 120 and follow Union staff to take your kick on the pitch. For more details, see the diagram below.
Phang's Birthday Activities
Join your favorite mascot for his first birthday! Head to Phang's Kids Club table when you arrive at the Toyota Plaza and create your own Phang from the Phang fold-up toys staff will be handing out.
Every birthday party has games, and kids are invited to take a shot at a special pinata on the Toyota Plaza for a chance to win candy!
Parties also need cake, so Phang’s Kids Club members can join in the cutting of Phang’s birthday cake from ACME on Toyota Plaza. The first 100 kids that present their Kids Club card to get a slice. Get there early - cake is first come, first served at the Phang’s Kids Club tent!
Pregame Fortnite on Toyota Plaza
N3rd Street Gamers will host the first-ever, pregame Fortnite tournament on Toyota Plaza! Registration is completely free!
The tournament is a winner-take-all $500 prize pot for the lowest aggregate score! For full rules and details, please click here.