Latest Foundation News
A Need For Change
• Soccer for Success curriculum, provided by US Soccer Foundation
• Widener University - Chester/Upland Field Project
• Health and wellness initiatives, focusing on anti-obesity education, in partnership with Crozer-Keystone Health System
• Soccer development programs taught via skills camps, clinics and competition
Foundation Building Blocks
Life Skills Programming - Provide an innovative after-school life skills programming initiative. The G.O.A.L.S. (Giving Our Athletes Life Skills) component will be taught through a combination of partners, i.e. the Soccer for Success curriculum developed by the United States Soccer Foundation.
Safe Fields - Provide safe fields for children to play soccer and allow them to develop their bodies and minds; a place where the game can be taught and played, enabling local youth to advance and ultimately compete for their club, school and beyond.
Good Health Through Proper Nutrition - Promote a healthy lifestyle to children by offering nutritional information through wellness fairs and diet education, all while anchoring an anti-obesity campaign that will ultimately lead to increased academic and athletic performance.
Play Soccer and Have Fun - Promote the physical development of soccer as a safe and fun after-school activity.
• River Cup – Annual charity match featuring various celebrities, Sons of Ben members and Union staff
• Playground build in Chester in conjunction with KaBOOM! surrounding the MLS All-Star Game
Click below to make a donation to the Philadelphia Union Foundation via PayPal. To pledge a donation, CLICK HERE.
Make checks payable to: Philadelphia Union Foundation
Mail to: Philadelphia Union Foundation, 2501 Seaport Drive, Suite 500, Chester, PA 19013
All donations are greatly appreciated!
Latest Blog Posts
- Goal Oriented: Power your body with pull-ups! Jun 17 10:09 am
- Goal Oriented: Spare your spine. Tips on core training done right Jun 10 11:15 am
- Goal Oriented: Stop delaying your road to optimal health Jun 03 12:34 pm
- Le Toux' corner presented By PPL EnergyPlus : Ending May on a high note May 30 12:12 pm
- Goal Oriented: Get beach ready...at the beach May 27 9:19 am