Philadelphia Union beat Houston Dynamo FC 6-0 on Saturday night at Subaru Park. With the win, the Union remain in first place in the Eastern Conference with 45 points. The Union jumped ahead in the 23rd minute after midfielder Daniel Gazdag buried a right footed strike into the bottom left corner off a short through ball from captain Alejandro Bedoya. Homegrown midfielder Jack McGlynn then scored his first MLS goal with a left footed free kick that curved into the bottom left corner of the net in the 42nd minute. Forward Mikael Uhre would close the first half scoring for the Union in the first minute of stoppage time, tapping in a goal at point blank range from a pass sent in by Oliver Mbaizo. Mikael Uhre then opened up the second half with his eighth goal of the season off a right footed shot from the center of the box assisted by Alejandro Bedoya in the 48th minute. In the 55th minute, forward Julian Carranza found the bottom left corner of the net on a close range shot, assisted by Alejandro Bedoya. Bedoya notched three assists on the night, the first time he has done so in his career. Homegrown midfielder Quinn Sullivan finished off the game scoring his first goal of the season with a right footed shot from the center of the box assisted by Jack McGlynn in the 89th minute. Andre Blake recorded his 60th clean sheet of his career and his 10th of the season, tying him for second most in MLS.
The Union will hit the road to face Eastern Conference foe FC Cincinnati at TQL Stadium on Saturday, August 6th (7:30 p.m. ET / PHL17).
Philadelphia Union 6 - Houston Dynamo FC 0
Subaru Park (Chester, PA)
Saturday, July 30, 2022
TODAY’S MATCH INFO
Referee: Kevin Stott
Assistant Referees: Matthew Nelson, Ben Pilgrim
Fourth Official: Natalie Simon
VAR: Jorge Gonzalez
Ast. VAR: Peter Balciunas
Weather: 83 degrees and sunny.
PHI – Daniel Gazdag (Bedoya, Uhre) 23‘
PHI – Jack McGlynn (unassisted) 42’
PHI – Mikael Uhre (Mbaizo, Carranza) 45’+1’
PHI – Mikael Uhre (Bedoya) 48’
PHI – Julian Carranza (Bedoya, Mbaizo) 55’
PHI – Quinn Sullivan (McGlynn) 89’
HOU – Matis Vera (caution) 63’
HOU – Darwin Ceren (caution) 83’
PHI – Leon Flach (caution) 85’
HOU – Griffin Dorsey (caution) 90’
Philadelphia Union: Andre Blake; Kai Wagner, Jack Elliott, Jakob Glesnes, Olivier Mbaizo; Leon Flach, Jack McGlynn, Alejandro Bedoya (Jesus Bueno 78’), Daniel Gazdag (Paxten Aaronson 77’); Mikael Uhre (Cory Burke 66’) , Julian Carranza (Quinn Sullivan 86’).
Substitutes not used: Matt Freese; Matt Real, Nathan Harriel; Brandan Craig, Chris Donovan.
Houston Dynamo FC: Steve Clark (Michael Nelson 26’); Adam Lundqvist, Daniel Steres, Tim Parker, Zeca (Griffin Dorsey 59’); Hector Herrera, Adalberto Carrasquilla (Darwin Quintero 73’), Matis Vera (Darwin Ceren 73’); Thorleifur Ulfarsson, Sebastian Ferreira (Tyler Pasher 59’), Fafa Picault.
Substitutes not used: Samuel Junqua, Zarek Valentin, Ethan Bartlow; Memo Rodriguez; Darwin Quintero.
- With a hat trick of assists, Alejandro Bedoya has 10 goal contributions on the season (five goals, five assists), the first time he has done so in his career. He tied the Union record for most assists in a game.
- Defender Kai Wagner made his 100th regular season appearance for the Union. Wagner is the 13th player in club history to reach the century mark for appearances.
- Homegrown midfielder Jack McGlynn scored his first MLS goal. He becomes the third-youngest player in MLS history to score off of a direct free kick since 2003.
- Andre Blake recorded his 60th clean sheet of his career and his 10th of the season, tying him for second most in MLS.
- Homegrown midfielder Quinn Sullivan scored his first goal of the season in the 89th minute.
- The Union are the only team in MLS to be unbeaten at home this season and currently hold a 17-match unbeaten streak at home.
- The Union are also the first team in MLS history to score at least six goals in multiple home games in a single season and first team in MLS history to record multiple wins by six goals in a single season.
- Forward Mikael Uhre has scored six goals in his last four matches at Subaru Park.
- Midfielder Daniel Gazdag scored his 11th goal of the season and 15th of his career.
- Defender Oliver Mbaizo recorded his first two assists of the season.
- Forward Julian Carranza scored his eight goal and registered his fifth assist of the season.
The Union will hit the road to face FC Cincinnati at TQL Stadium on Saturday, August 6th (7:30 p.m. ET / PHL17).