MLS is Back with the league announcing Wednesday afternoon the 54-game schedule and TV information. The tournament kicks off on Wednesday, July 8 with a Group A doubleheader: Orlando City SC face Florida foes Inter Miami CF (8 pm ET), followed by Chicago Fire FC taking on Nashville SC (10:30 pm ET). Both matches will air on ESPN, ESPN Deportes and TSN in Canada.
Philadelphia Union Match Schedule
- Game 1: New York City FC (Thursday, July 9th; 9 a.m. ET on ESPN, ESPN Deportes)
- Game 2: Nashville SC (Tuesday, July 14th; 8 p.m. ET on TUDN)
- Game 3: Inter Miami CF (Sunday, July 19th; 10:30 p.m. ET on FS1, TUDN)
ESPN will oversee all game production for MLS broadcast partners throughout the tournament, delivering produced feeds of all matches, including unique and experimental technology. Each broadcast partner will use their own on-air talent and graphics packages.
- USA: All 54 matches will be televised nationally in the US on ESPN, FOX Sports and the Univision families of networks. All ESPN matches will also be streamed live on the ESPN App.
- Canada: TSN will carry every match in Canada and TVA Sports will provide French-language coverage of all three Montreal Impact group matches along with select additional matches.
- World: The tournament will also air around the world via the league’s international broadcast partners.
Breakfast with MLS
A total of seven matches will take place at 9 am ET, all of which will air be broadcast on ESPN and ESPN Deportes in the U.S. and on TSN in Canada. The first morning match will be played on July 9 when New York City FC face the Philadelphia Union.
Here are the dates and TV info for the marquee rivalry matches during the Group Stage presented by Heineken:
- July 8: Orlando City vs. Inter Miami CF (ESPN, TSN @ 8ET)
- July 11: Atlanta United vs. NY Red Bulls (FOX, TUDN, TSN @ 8ET)
- July 11: FC Cincinnati vs. Columbus Crew SC (FS1, TUDN, TSN @ 10:30ET)
- July 12: Real Salt Lake vs. Colorado Rapids (ESPN, TSN @ 10:30ET)
- July 15: Montreal Impact vs. Toronto FC (TUDN, TSN, TVAS @ 8ET)
- July 18: LAFC vs. LA Galaxy (ESPN, ESPN Deportes, TSN @ 10:30ET)
Format The group stage will take place over 16 consecutive days with each group match counting toward the 2020 regular season standings. All clubs will have at least four full days between matches.
The Knockout Round presented by Audi will take place as follows:
Round of 16: Four straight days of doubleheaders (July 25-July 28)
Quarterfinals: Doubleheaders on July 30 & August 1
Semifinals: August 5 & August 6
Final: August 11 (8 pm ET)