CHESTER, Pa. (March 14, 2023) – Philadelphia Union, in conjunction with MLS NEXT Pro, announced today Philadelphia Union II’s 2023 regular-season schedule. Union II will kick off the 2023 season at home against Orlando City B on Sunday, March 26, 3:00 p.m. ET (mlsnextpro.com). MLS NEXT Pro season will begin on March 24, concluding on MLS NEXT Pro Decision Day on Sept. 24.
The majority of regular season matches, plus all Decision Day matches, playoff matches and MLS NEXT Pro Cup, will be available to watch live and on-demand on MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app. The remainder of regular season matches will stream live on mlsnextpro.com. MLS Season Pass is the subscription service from Apple and Major League Soccer that is home to all MLS and Leagues Cup matches and hundreds of MLS NEXT Pro and MLS NEXT matches.
Union II will be one of 27 clubs competing in MLS NEXT Pro this season. The club will play 28 regular season games, 14 home and 14 away, across 27-weeks. With the addition of seven new clubs this season, the Western Conference will consist of 14 clubs, while the Eastern Conference will have 13. Three of the four divisions will feature seven clubs each, while the Northeast will have six. The Eastern Conference will add Atlanta United 2 and Huntsville City FC to the Central Division and New York Red Bulls II and Crown Legacy FC to the Northeast Division. In the Western Conference, LA Galaxy II and LAFC2 will both join the Pacific Division while Austin FC II joins the Frontier Division.
The 2023 season will feature an expanded playoffs format that includes a pick-your-opponent element in the first two rounds.
Within each conference, the two division champions and the five clubs with the next highest points (seven clubs total) will advance to the 2023 MLS NEXT Pro Playoffs. The Playoffs will consist of three rounds followed by MLS NEXT Pro Cup, taking place over four consecutive weeks beginning the weekend of September 29.
The club with the most regular season points in each conference (#1 seed) will earn a first round bye, automatically advancing to the Conference Semifinals.
- The next two teams with the most points in each conference (#2 and #3 seeds) will choose their opponent and host their match (one of two teams must be the other division champion)
- The two remaining teams that are not selected will play each other, with the higher seeded team hosting
- The team with the most overall points in the conference (#1 seed) will choose its opponent from the remaining two lowest seeded teams and host the match
- The second highest seed will host the remaining team
- The team with the most regular season points (higher seed) will host the team with the lowest points (lower seed)
MLS NEXT Pro Cup
- The team with the most regular season points (higher seed) will host MLS NEXT Pro Cup
With the announcement of Union II’s 2023 schedule, General Admission tickets for all of their home matches at Subaru Park are now available for $12 per ticket. Union Season Ticket Members will receive two free Union II games for the 2023 season, and can purchase additional tickets at $7 each. Tickets can be purchased on https://www.philadelphiaunion.com/unionii/tickets.
Below please find the Philadelphia Union II’s full 2023 schedule.