After being added to the MLS All-Star team last week, Philadelphia Union goalkeeper Andre Blake's week will kick off on Tuesday night as he takes part in the 2021 MLS All-Star Skills Challenge presented by AT&T 5G.
The two-hour event will feature a team of eight MLS players battling eight of LIGA MX’s best in five different challenges on the Banc of California Stadium field. The two-time MLS Goalkeeper of the Year will be joined on Team MLS by Nani, Ricardo Pepi, Rodolfo Pizarro, Diego Rossi, Raul Ruidiaz, Lucas Zelarayan and Matt Turner. LiGA MX's squad will consist of Alexis Canelo, Rodrigo Funes Mori, Orbelín Pineda, Jonathan Rodríguez, Rubens Sambueza, Diego Valdés, Alfredo Talavera and Nahuel Guzmán.
The list of events can be found below.
- Shooting Challenge presented by AT&T 5G- Players will be shooting at targets from distance with varying values as they look to rack up points for their team.
- Touch Challenge presented by Old Spice- In this ultimate test of touch, players will have to collect and control balls coming at them from different angles in order to set themselves up to score points in the Old Spice apparatus.
- Cross & Volley Challenge presented by AT&T 5G- Player’s creativity and skill will be on display, as they connect with a teammate to finish with style. The more style, the more points.
- Passing Challenge presented by Crest- With a variety of targets spread across the pitch, players must place their passes with pinpoint accuracy to earn big points.
- Crossbar Challenge presented by Gillette- As the final chance for players to earn points for their teams, this skill will test players' ability to deliver as the final seconds tick down.