Match Recap: Philadelphia Union II 4, Loudoun United FC II 0
CHESTER, Pa. (September 16, 2020) – The Philadelphia Union II took on Loudoun United FC at home on Wednesday night, winning 4-0 in a well-played match. 16-year-old Brandan Craig opened the scoring in the sixth minute making him the youngest player in Union II history and seventh youngest player in USL history. The Union II dominated the game and have now jumped to fourth place in group F. Brandan Craig, Anthony Sorenson, Steve Kingue, and Caden Stafford all scored their first professional goals for Union II tonight. Union II play at home once again on Sunday, September 20th vs. Hartford Athletic (5:00 p.m. ET /ESPN+).
Philadelphia Union II 4 – Loudoun United FC 0
Subaru Park (Chester, PA.)
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Referee: Ernie Constantine
Assistant Referee: Sean Lyons, Patrick Casey
4th Official: Joshua Pagan
Weather: 67 degrees and cloudy
PHI – Brandan Craig (unassisted) 6’
PHI – Anthony Sorenson (Aaronson) 20’
PHI – Steve Kingue (Bohui) 32’
PHI – Caden Stafford (McGlynn) 83’
LDN – Alioune Ndour (caution) 29’
LDN – Kairou Amoustapha (caution) 40’
PHI – Dante Huckaby (caution) 71’
PHI – Caden Stafford (caution) 87’
PHI – Anthony Sorenson (caution) 90+3’
LDN – Allexon Saravia (caution) 90+3’
Philadelphia Union II: Matt Freese; Nathan Harriel, Dante Huckaby, Jamoi Topey, Anthony Sorenson, Jack McGlynn ( Danny Flores 87’), Steve Kingue, Brandan Craig (Selmir Miscic 87’), Axel Picazo (Jack Jasinski 67’), Paxten Aaronson (David Rabadán 58’), Patrick Bohui (Caden Stafford 59’)
Substitutes not used: Ben Martino, Sean Bettenhausen
Loudoun United FC: Simon Lefebvre, Allexon Saravia, Shane Wiedt, Timmy Mehl, Tyler Gabarra (Erumuse Momoh 84’), Ally Ng’anzi (Brandon Williamson 45’), Joshua Fawole (Peabo Doue 64’), Christian Sorto (Gabi Gómez 64’) , Nelson Martinez, Kairou Amoustapha, Alioune Ndour (Massimo Ferrin 45’)
Substitutes not used: Colin Miller, Diego Gomez
- After scoring his first goal for Union II tonight, 16-year-old Brandan Craig is now the youngest player to ever score for the Union II and the seventh youngest player in USL Championship history.
- Brandan Craig, Anthony Sorenson, Steve Kingue, and Caden Stafford all scored their first professional goals for the Union II tonight. It is also the first time in Union II history that four players scored their first USL Championship goals in one game.
- Midfielder Steve Kingue made his 15th career start for the Boys in Blue.
- Midfielder Axel Picazo continued his fine form tonight in his 30th career appearance for the USL side. Last time out he set a club record with six shots on target last match against Loudoun on Saturday evening.
- Defender Jamoi Topey made his fifth start of the 2020 season at center back.
- Union Academy forward Patrick Bohui made his 15th career appearance in the USL Championship. The forward scored his second goal in league play on Saturday against Loudoun United FC.