Philadelphia Union is back in action on tonight as the club travels to face FC Cincinnati. Kick off from Ohio is set for 8 p.m. ET and can be viewed on PHL17 and PhiladelphiaUnion.com. Fans too can click here to listen to the FOX The Gambler broadcast which is available via 102.5 FM, 104.5 HD2, the iHeart App and 1480 AM. Here are today's Starting XI Notes presented by ACME.
Matt Freese; Stuart Findlay, Jack Elliott, Jakob Glesnes; Leon Flach, Jack McGlynn, Alejandro Bedoya, Nathan Harriel; Paxten Aaronson; Kacper Przybylko, Sergio Santos.
BENCH: Joe Bendik; Matt Real, Aurelien Collin, Jesus Bueno, Quinn Sullivan, Anthony Fontana, Matheus Davo.
- With a plethora of starters away for FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, Head Coach Jim Curtin shifts to a 3-4-1-2 formation. This is the second time in 2021 that Philadelphia Union have deployed a three back system with the other occurrence coming against the New England Revolution in August.
- Homegrown goalkeeper Matt Freese makes his 10th career start for Philadelphia Union and his fourth in 2021.
- Center back Jack Elliott earns his 125th league appearance with a start in the center of the Union's three back system.
- Fellow center back Jakob Glesnes earns his 45th MLS start tonight.
- Homegrown Nathan Harriel makes his second professional start for the Union, with his first start coming last month at home against the Revolution.
- Homegrown Jack McGlynn earns his 15th MLS appearance with a start in the midfield.
- Team Captain Alejandro Bedoya earns his 150th MLS appearance, joining Ray Gaddis, Sebastien Le Toux, Brian Carroll and Andre Blake as the only players in Union history to achieve the milestone.
- Homegrown Paxten Aaronson makes his third start of 2021 for the Union.