Match Recap: Philadelphia Union 1, Portland Timbers 3
Kacper Przybylko notches team-leading fourth goal; Michee Ngalina makes MLS debut
CHESTER, Pa. (May 25, 2019) – Kacper Przybylko scored his team-leading fourth goal of the season when Philadelphia Union faced Portland Timbers at Talen Energy Stadium on Saturday night. Michee Ngalina made his MLS debut when he was subbed on in the second half. The club’s 7-4-3 record (24 points) continues their best start to a season in team history through 14 games.
Philadelphia Union 1 – Portland Timbers 3
Talen Energy Stadium (Chester, PA)
Saturday, May 25, 2019
TODAY’S MATCH INFO:
Talen Energy Stadium (Chester, Pennsylvania)
Referee: Drew Fischer
Assistants Referees: Claudiu Badea, Adam Wienckowski
Fourth Official: Kevin Broadley
VAR: Jorge Gonzalez
Weather: 65 Degrees, Clear
POR – Brian Fernandez (Andy Polo) 31’
POR – Brian Fernandez (Diego Chara, Diego Valeri) 36’
PHI – Kacper Przybylko (Fafa Picault, Kai Wagner) 47’
POR – Diego Valeri (Sebastian Blanco) 87’
POR – Steve Clark (Caution) 22’
PHI – Jack Elliott (Caution) 85’
POR – Diego Chara (Caution) 90+3’
Philadelphia Union: Andre Blake; Raymon Gaddis (Michee Ngalina, 81’), Jack Elliott, Auston Trusty, Kai Wagner; Haris Medunjanin; Alejandro Bedoya, Jamiro Monteiro; Brenden Aaronson (Ilsinho, half); Kacper Przybylko, Fafa Picault (Sergio Santos, 67’)
Substitutes not used: Carlos Miguel Coronel; Aurelien Collin, Warren Creavalle, Fabinho
Portland Timbers: Steve Clark; Jorge Villafana, Larrys Mabiala, Bill Tuiloma, Zarek Valentin; Andres Flores, Brian Fernandez, Diego Chara, Andy Polo (Julio Cascante, 67); Diego Valeri (Eryk Williamson, 88’), Jeremy Ebobisse (Sebastian Blanco, 60’)
Substitutes not used: Jeff Attinella; Jorge Moreira, Tomas Conechny, Claude Dielna
- The Union set an all-time club record for most passes successfully completed in a single match tonight … with 556, the club broke their old record of 553, which was last achieved in last weekend’s match vs. Seattle … the Union first hit 553 passes successfully completed vs. Colorado on May 20, 2017.
- The club’s 7-4-3 record (24 points) continues their best start to a season in team history through 14 games.
- Kacper Przybylko scored his fourth goal of the season and now has four goals and an assist in six games started (seven games played overall). He now leads the team in goals scored.
- Fafa Picault picked up his second helper of the season.
- Michee Ngalina made his first career MLS appearance as a substitution in the second half.
- Kai Wagner tallied his fourth assist of the season, tied for team-lead (also Haris Medunjanin), while surpassing 1000 career MLS minutes.
The Union next play at home at Talen Energy Stadium on Wednesday, May 29 in a regular-season match against Colorado Rapids (7:30 p.m. ET/PHL17).