On the road against a talented opponent playing for pride, the Union didn’t sit back and were into the lead inside the opening minute thanks to their captain. Making his 150th MLS start for the Boys in Blue, Alejandro Bedoya smashed home a pass from Daniel Gazdag after the attacker deked the defense to create a wide open shot for Bedoya. The strike by the captain occurred just 37 seconds into the match, the second quickest goal by the Union in league play.

Toronto FC’s powerful lineup, featuring both Alejandro Pozuelo and Jozy Altidore, tried to bounce back from the early setback and controlled the majority of possession. The Union defense stood tough, snuffing out any shot before it could trouble homegrown goalkeeper Matt Freese. With the strong defensive shell, the Union turned to their counterattack strength with Kai Wagner and Leon Flach looking to spark attacks.

The second half looked like it would be a tight, messy affair for the first fifteen minutes, but a seven-minute stretch turned the match on its head.

In the 63rd minute, Kacper Przybylko beat his markers to the six yard box but could not direct the tight angle redirection around Westberg. Toronto seized their reprieve and Jozy Altidore pulled them even with a classy finish on a loose ball at the top of Matt Freese’s box.

Next, Jacob Shaffelburg steered a low cross in behind the Union back line as Altidore broke free. Jack Elliott stretched to intercept the ball but knocked it into the net for an own goal.

But after enduring a brutal seven minute stretch, the Union only had to wait seven more for substitute Sergio Santos to even the scoreline. Kai Wagner spied the striker in space at the far post and crushed a long curling pass for the Brazilian to delicately deflect in off the post.

Four minutes later, Przybylko found himself behind the Toronto back line as a stunning lifted pass from Jack McGlynn dropped in front of him. Przybylko’s half-volley skimmed the crossbar but could not break the match open.

In the final moments, Monteiro danced down the endline and found Przybylko free in the middle. A powerful shot crashed into Michael Bradley, including his arm as it extended away from his body. No penalty was called.

The Boys in Blue head back to Philly for their final regular season home match of the year at Subaru Park with a Halloween showdown against FC Cincinnati. The contest will mark a Halloween version of fan favorite U Thank U presented by Captain Morgan along with special pre-game events for fans coming out on Sunday, October 31st. Tickets for the home finale are on sale now and can be purchased by clicking here. Kick off from Subaru Park is set for 7:30 p.m. ET with the action on PHL17 and PhiladelphiaUnion.com.