The Union take on Montreal Impact for the last meeting in 2017, with kick-off slated for 8:00 p.m. ET. Below is the starting lineup with notes.
Starting XI: John McCarthy, Giliano Wijnaldum, Jack Elliott, Josh Yaro, Ray Gaddis, Haris Medunjanin, Alejandro Bedoya, Fafa Picault, Ilsinho, Chris Pontius, CJ Sapong
Bench: Jake McGuire, Fabinho, Richie Marquez, Warren Creavalle, Roland Alberg, Marcus Epps, Jay Simpson
- John McCarthy recorded a career high 10 saves in the Union’s 3-1 victory over FC Dallas last week. McCarthy continues to add to his longest-ever regular-season starts streak with his seventh consecutive nod today.
- Raymon Gaddis is making his 132nd career regular-season start for the Union today, inching closer to tying Sheanon Williams for third all-time in club history (138).
- Josh Yaro is in the starting XI for the second time this regular season. His other regular-season start occurred on July 22 at Columbus where he played all 90 minutes.
- Jack Elliott leads all Union defenders in today's starting XI in regular-season minutes played with 1,637 (Gaddis - 1,473, Wijnaldum - 795, Yaro - 137). Today's start is Elliott's 19th of the regular season, which ties him with Oguchi Onyewu for the most among Union defenders.
- Giliano Wijnaldum enters the starting XI for the 10th time this regular-season.
- In his first MLS season, Haris Medunjanin has now made a team-leading 24 starts on the year. He registered his eighth assist of the year last Saturday, August 5th in the Union's 3-1 victory over FC Dallas. He is now in a four-way tie for ninth in the league for assists on the season.
- Alejandro Bedoya is making his 19th start on the year at the captain’s spot. With 68 minutes played today, he will double his MLS minutes played total of last season (844).
- Chris Pontius is making his 20th MLS start on the year. Over his six-year career with both D.C. United and the Philadelphia Union, he has started eight games against the Montreal Impact, registering two goals and two assists in that time.
- Ilsinho is making his 18th start on the year. In the Union's 3-1 home win against FC Dallas on August 5th, he registered a goal and two assists, passing his totals from last season in both assists (four) and minutes played (1,294).
- Fafa Picault is second on the team in goals scored on the year with five. In the Union's last match against the Impact on July 19th, he scored his fifth of the season.
- CJ Sapong is making his 138th career MLS start. With 12 goals on the season, he is two tallies away from tying the Union record for goals in a single year, previously set by Sebastien Le Toux (14) in the 2010 season.