The Union face off against New England Revolution to cap off a four game stretch in 12 days. Kick-off is at 7:30 p.m. on Comcast SportsNet.
Starting XI: John McCarthy, Giliano Wijnaldum, Oguchi Onyewu, Jack Elliott, Ray Gaddis, Haris Medunjanin, Alejandro Bedoya, Marcus Epps, Roland Alberg, Chris Pontius, CJ Sapong
Bench: Jake McGuire, Josh Yaro, Keegan Rosenberry, Warren Creavalle, Ilsinho, Fafa Picault, Jay Simpson
- John McCarthy is starting his fifth consecutive MLS regular-season match, tying his longest career streak for consecutive league starts.
- This is the seventh match this season in which the backline of Giliano Wijnaldum, Oguchi Onyewu, Jack Elliott and Raymon Gaddis has started together. The Union have given up just four goals in the first six such matches, and have registered three clean sheets in those contests.
- Haris Medunjanin remains the only player to start every regular-season match this year for Philadelphia.
- Alejandro Bedoya made his Union debut last season as part of a 4-0 win at Gillette Stadium over the Revolution (August 13, 2016).
- Chris Pontius is making his first appearance for Philadelphia since returning from international duty.
- Roland Alberg has now started at central attacking midfielder in three of the Union’s last four matches.
- Marcus Epps registered eight shots in the Union’s win over Columbus on Wednesday, falling one short of tying the all-time club record for most individual shots in a single match.
- CJ Sapong set his single-season career best in goals on Wednesday (10), and can do the same in assists (six) should he record a helper tonight.