Philadelphia Union are back home this week at Talen Energy Stadium to take on Eastern Conference rival D.C. United, with kick off slated for 3:30 p.m. ET on UniMás. Below is the starting lineup and notes:
Starting XI: Andre Blake, Keegan Rosenberry, Jack Elliott, Auston Trusty, Ray Gaddis, Haris Medunjanin, Alejandro Bedoya, Ilsinho, Borek Dockal, David Accam, CJ Sapong
Bench: John McCarthy, Matt Real, Mark McKenzie, Warren Creavalle, Anthony Fontana, Fafa Picault, Cory Burke
- Andre Blake will look to continue his career dominance against D.C. United this afternoon. Blake has a goals-against average of 0.67 and has recorded a remarkable four shutouts in his six career games against DCU.
- Keegan Rosenberry is making his first home appearance against D.C. United since July 9, 2016. Rosenberry played the full 90 minutes and the Union won the game 3-0.
- On April 1, 2017, Jack Elliot made his MLS debut when he was substituted on at halftime against D.C. United. Elliot has played 225 minutes against D.C. United and has yet to allow a goal.
- Auston Trusty will make his seventh consecutive start for the Philadelphia Union today. Trusty has played every minute of the season and will look to add his third home clean sheet.
- Against FC Dallas last week, Raymon Gaddis received his first start of the 2018 MLS season. Gaddis played the full 90 minutes and had three crosses.
- When the Union traveled to RFK Stadium on May 13, 2017, Haris Medunjanin gave Philadelphia the lead with a beautiful free kick in the 39th minute. Medunjanin also added two assists in the match to cap off the 4-0 rout.
- During last season’s home match against D.C. United, Alejandro Bedoya provided the key assist for the only goal in the game. Bedoya’s 31st minute cross to Fafa Picault catalyzed the Union’s 1-0 victory.
- Ilsinho makes his first start of the 2018 MLS season today against D.C. United. During the Union’s 3-0 win over D.C. United on July 9, 2016, he scored his first ever MLS goal at the penalty spot and added his second just ten minutes later.
- Borek Dočkal has played 90 minutes in back-to-back games for the first time in his short MLS career after last week’s away match in Dallas.
- In his five career starts against D.C. United, David Accam has scored three times. Accam will look to score his first ever goal for the Union this afternoon.
- Over the last three games, CJ Sapong has led the Philadelphia Union in shots, with ten. Sapong will look to add to his three career goals against D.C. United.