Philadelphia Union will host Western Conference side LA Galaxy tonight in an inter-conference clash. Kick off for the match is set for 7 p.m. ET and will be televised on PHL17. Below is the starting lineup and notes:
Starting XI: Andre Blake; Ray Gaddis, Mark McKenzie, Auston Trusty, Fabinho; Haris Medunjanin, Alejandro Bedoya; Marcus Epps, Borek Dockal, Fafa Picault; CJ Sapong
Bench: John McCarthy; Keegan Rosenberry, Jack Elliott, Warren Creavalle, Fabian Herbers, David Accam, Cory Burke
- Andre Blake will look to claim his sixth clean sheet of the season. On April 29th, 2017, he posted a clean sheet with three saves against the LA Galaxy. The match started a stretch of four consecutive clean sheets for Blake, the longest of his career.
- Ray Gaddis will make his second appearance of the season at rightback tonight.
- Mark McKenzie will be making his first career start against the LA Galaxy. He played and started the full 90 minutes against Orlando City SC on Wednesday in the U.S. Open Cup.
- Auston Trusty will be making his 20th consecutive start for the Union tonight. This will also be his first career start against the LA Galaxy. He remains the only field player on Philadelphia to play every minute of every regular-season match.
- Brazilian defender Fabinho will make his first start for the Union since June 2nd against Atlanta United. Fabinho played all 90 minutes against the Galaxy in the 0-0 draw on April 29th, 2017.
- Philadelphia midfielder Haris Medunjanin dominated the last MLS match, with a goal and an assist against the Chicago Fire on July 11th in the Union’s 4-3 win. Medunjanin has already matched his goal total from the 2017 season (two).
- In the Union’s 1-0 victory over Orlando City SC in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinals on Wednesday, Alejandro Bedoya scored the winning goal in the fourth minute. Bedoya makes his fifth consecutive start for the Union today.
- Marcus Epps makes his seventh start of the 2018 season tonight, matching his total from last season. Epps has never appeared vs. the LA Galaxy in his career.
- In Borek Dočkal’s first MLS season, he leads the Union in both goals (five) and assists (sixth). Dočkal is also ninth in all of MLS in total chances created (43).
- Fafa Picault’s first ever start for the Union came against the LA Galaxy on April 29th, 2017. Picault played 78 minutes and registered one shot in a 0-0 draw.
- Striker CJ Sapong is one of three active Union players to score against the LA Galaxy at any point in his MLS career (Accam, Rosenberry). Sapong leads current Union players in career minutes (554), starts (six), appearances (eight), and shots (11) against the Galaxy.