Match Recap: Philadelphia Union 2, Montreal Impact 1
Monteiro scores first goal of the season, Ilsinho adds two assists; Union remain in second place in Eastern Conference
CHESTER, Pa. (October 11, 2020) – The Philadelphia Union beat Montreal Impact 2-1 at home on a rainy Sunday night at Subaru Park. With the win, the Union now have 34 points, keeping them in second place in the Eastern Conference. Jamiro Monteiro scored his first goal of the season in the 39’ to put the Union in front. In the second half, Ilsinho found Sergio Santos to give the Union a two-goal lead. Montreal’s Amar Sejdic found the back of the net in the 65’ to make it 2-1. The Union play on the road at Audi Field on October 14 where they will face D.C. United (8:00 p.m. ET / PHL17).
Philadelphia Union 2 – Montreal Impact 1
Subaru Park (Chester, PA)
Sunday, October 11, 2020
Referee: Ted Unkel
Assistant Referees: Adam Wienckowski, Cory Richardson
Fourth Official: Luis Arroyo
VAR: Jose Carlos Rivero
Weather: 66 degrees and rain
PHI – Jamiro Monteiro (Ilsinho) 39’
PHI – Sergio Santos (Ilsinho) 48’
MTL – Amar Sejdic (Romell Quioto) 65’
MTL – Samuel Piette (caution) 55’
PHI – Olivier Mbaizo (caution) 58’
MTL – Victor Wanyama (caution) 59’
MTL – Jorge Corrales (caution) 71’
PHI – Alejandro Bedoya (caution) 76’
PHI – Matt Real (caution) 90+3’
Philadelphia Union: Andre Blake; Olivier Mbaizo (Matt Real 61’), Jack Elliott, Mark McKenzie, Kai Wagner; Alejandro Bedoya, Warren Creavalle (Sergio Santos 45’), Jamiro Monteiro; Ilsinho (Anthony Fontana 72’), Brenden Aaronson (Andrew Wooten 90’); Kacper Przybylko
Substitutes not used: Joe Bendik, Matt Freese; Aurelien Collin, Matej Oravec, Michee Ngalina
Montreal Impact: Clément Diop; Luis Binks, Rudy Camacho, Rod Fanni, Jorge Corrales, Zachary Brault-Guillard (Clément Bayiha 84’), Victor Wanyama; Amar Sejdic, Samuel Piette; Bojan Krkic (Ballou Tabla 57’), Mason Toye (Romell Quioto 51’)
Substitutes not used: Shamit Shome, Joel Waterman, James Pantemis, Karifa Yao, Tomas Giraldo, Jonathan Sirois
- The Union have won all six home games at Subaru Park this season, scoring 15 goals and conceding only three in that time.
- Ilsinho recorded his second and third assists of the season on his second start of the year... with 20 career assists, he is now in fourth place in club history... he also becomes the second player in club history to hit the 20 goals, 20 assist mark, joining Sebastian Le Toux.
- Sergio Santos scored his fourth goal of the season and now has four goals and an assist in 15 games played this season.
- Jamiro Monteiro scored his first goal of the season.
- Jack Elliott returned to the Starting XI for his 85th career start and his first since September 2 at Columbus.
- Olivier Mbaizo made his 10th straight start at outside back with the start tonight against the Impact making it his 15th career MLS appearance.
- Homegrown defender Mark McKenzie made his 40th career start for the Boys in Blue.
- Warren Creavalle's start tonight was his 90th of his MLS career and his first for the Union since September 20th also against the Montreal Impact.
The Union play on the road at Audi Field on October 14 where they will face D.C. United (8:00 p.m. ET / PHL17).