Philadelphia Union are will take on Columbus Crew SC in Ohio tonight in the second match of their three-game road stretch. Kick off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on PHL17. Below is the starting lineup and notes:
Starting XI: Andre Blake, Keegan Rosenberry, Jack Elliott, Auston Trusty, Fabinho, Haris Medunjanin, Alejandro Bedoya, Ilsinho, Borek Dockal, David Accam, CJ Sapong
Bench: John McCarthy, Ray Gaddis, Mark McKenzie, Warren Creavalle, Marcus Epps, Fafa Picault, Cory Burke
- Andre Blake has been impressive against Columbus Crew SC in three career starts. Blake owns an all-time record of 2-0-1 with a goals-against average of 0.67.
- Keegan Rosenberry’s first career MLS road goal came on August 24th, 2016 against Columbus Crew SC in MAPFRE Stadium.
- In the Union’s 0-0 draw against Columbus Crew SC on March 17th, 2018, Jack Elliot anchored the clean sheet in the center of defense. Elliot had six clearances, won two aerial duels and had an interception in the match at Talen Energy Stadium.
- Philadelphia Union center back Auston Trusty is one of three MLS players under the age of 20 to play in over 700 minutes this year. Trusty is still the youngest player in MLS to play in every minute of each game.
- Fabinho returns to the Union lineup tonight after missing the last six games to a knee injury. This is Fabinho’s 11th career appearance against Columbus Crew SC.
- Since making his MLS debut on March 5th, 2017, Haris Medunjanin has only missed three minutes of MLS action. Medunjanin makes his 43rd consecutive start tonight.
- Alejandro Bedoya ranks second on the Union in passes per game with 65.4. The UnionCcaptain leads the team in assists.
- Ilsinho catalyzed the Union’s 3-0 victory over Columbus on July 26th, 2017. The Brazilian rocketed a half-volley in the 20th minute to open the scoring and concluded the night with an assist on Marcus Epps’ first career MLS goal.
- Earlier this season Borek Dočkal made his MLS debut against the Crew on March 17th, 2018. Dočkal’s first MLS goal came two weeks ago on April 28th against D.C. United.
- David Accam has scored three career goals against Columbus. All of these goals have occurred at MAPFRE Stadium with the most recent goal coming on March 4th, 2017.
- Forward CJ Sapong makes his 100th appearance for the Union today. Sapong leads all Philadelphia Union players with six goals and three assists in his career against Columbus Crew SC.