They’re Not In Kansas Anymore
- Philadelphia Union are coming off a 2-0 victory over Sporting Kansas City Yesterday at Talen Energy Stadium.
- With the win, the Union are now 11 points clear of the red line in the Eastern Conference, owning a record of 14-12-4 and 43 points.
- Philadelphia’s 14 wins are the most in club history. The Union are just three points shy of setting a new franchise record for points earned in a season.
We Want The Cup
- Philadelphia Union will now set their sights on the 2018 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Final against Houston Dynamo on Wednesday from BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston, Texas. The match will be televised on ESPN2 with Adrian Healey and Taylor Twellman on the call, with Sebastian Salazar reporting on the sidelines.
- Philadelphia owns an all-time record of 19-8 in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup play.
- The Union have now reached the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Final for the third time in club history.
Just A Reminder
- Philadelphia Union earned a Fourth Round victory over Richmond Kickers on June 5, 2018 with a 5-0 victory. Philadelphia set a new franchise record for largest margin of victory with that 5-0 win over Richmond.
- The Union advanced the Quarterfinal round of the Open Cup after they defeated New York Red Bulls 2-1 on June 16 at Talen Energy Stadium, thanks to goals from Bosnian Haris Medunjanin and Jamaican International Cory Burke.
- Philadelphia solidified their spot in the Semifinals with a 1-0 win over Orlando City on July 18 at Talen Energy Stadium. El Capitan Alejandro Bedoya earned the game-winner, while Andre Blake recorded the shutout.
- The Union clinched a spot in the 2018 Final thanks to a 3-0 victory over Chicago Fire on Aug. 8 at Talen Energy Stadium. Cory Burke recorded a brace and CJ Sapong found the back of the net to seal the victory.
- This will be the second time Philadelphia Union will face Houston Dynamo this season.
- Philadelphia visited the Dynamo in July at BBVA Compass Stadium in a 3-1 win over Houston.
- The Union earned a come from behind victory thanks to goals from Alejandro Bedoya, Cory Burke and Fafa Picault.
- Philadelphia Union have set a new franchise record for road wins in a season with six in 2018.
- Since July 11, 2018 the Union own a record of 5-1-1 away from Talen Energy Stadium.
- The club’s six road wins in 2018 is tied for second most in the Eastern Conference.
A Peak Behind The Curtin
- Under Head Coach Jim Curtin the Union own an all-time record of 15-4 in Open Cup competition.
- Philadelphia has reached the Final Round of the Open Cup twice in club history, both under Coach Curtin.
- Under Coach Curtin, the Union have set franchise records in MLS wins in a season (14), MLS road wins (6) and is the only coach in the 2018 season to have clinched an Open Cup Final spot and have his club above the playoff line.
Oh Captain, My Captain
- In the 2018 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, Union Captain Alejandro Bedoya has one goal and a team-high four assists to lead the Union to the Final.
- This season, Bedoya has recorded a MLS career-high in assists, including two this past Sunday in the 2-0 win over SKC.
- Philadelphia owns a 8-0-1 record in MLS and Open Cup competition when Bedoya records a goal or an assist in a match in 2018.
League Leader Calls Philly Home
- Dockal has recorded six assists on the road this season, including two in Houston in the 3-1 win over the Dynamo in July.
- The Union own an 9-2-2 record in 2018 when Dockal records a goal or an assist in MLS and Open Cup matches.
- Borek Dockal enters the week as the MLS league leader in assists in 2018 with 15.
Mama There Goes That Man
- Union goalkeeper Andre Blake has set a new Union single season franchise record for saves recorded in a season with 105 in 2018.
- Blake also set a new career-high for saves in a season, surpassing the 100 save recorded mark for the first time in his career.
- Blake earned his ninth shutout of the season in the 1-0 win over Seattle on Sept. 19, matching his career high for shutouts in a season with nine.
A lot of Picault De Gallo in Texas
- Fafa Picault scored his eighth goal of the season on in the 1-0 win over Seattle on Sept. 19, setting a new MLS career-high for goals scored in a season.
- Picault is now tied with Cory Burke for the club lead on goals scored this season with eight.
- Picault has now scored five goals in his last seven MLS starts for the Union, the Union own a record of 5-1-1 in that span dating back to July 25.