Philadelphia Union will host Chicago Fire in the Semifinals of the 2018 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup tonight at Talen Energy Stadium, with kick off set for 7 p.m. ET on phiadelphiaunion.com. Below is the starting lineup and notes:
Starting XI: Andre Blake; Ray Gaddis, Auston Trusty, Jack Elliott, Keegan Rosenberry; Haris Medunjanin, Alejandro Bedoya; Fafa Picault, Borek Dockal, David Accam; Cory Burke
Bench: John McCarthy; Richie Marquez, Fabinho, Warren Creavalle, Derrick Jones, Fabian Herbers, CJ Sapong
- Andre Blake has made 18 saves against the Chicago Fire in his career. He will be making his 25th start of the season in all competitions.
- On Sept. 23, 2017, Keegan Rosenberry registered his only assist in the 2017 season against the Chicago Fire.
- Jack Elliott scored the opening goal against the Richmond Kickers in the fourth round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup this year.
- Auston Trusty has made two starts against the Chicago Fire in in 2018 and has played the full 90 minutes in both matches. He set a career high in shots in a single game against Chicago on May 30.
- Ray Gaddis has made his debut in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup in 2018 with a start at leftback in the Round of 16 win over the Red Bulls on June 16.
- Haris Medunjanin has started every U.S. Open Cup match the Union have played this season. He scored one goal in the tournament against the New York Red Bulls in the Round of 16.
- Alejandro Bedoya scored the game-winning goal in the U.S. Open quarterfinals against Orlando City SC, which moved the Union on to the semifinals.
- David Accam will be making his third start against his former team this season in all competitions. He scored the game-winning goal in a 4-3 win over Chicago Fire on July 11, 2018.
- Borek Dockal was involved in every goal scored in a 3-1 victory against the Chicago Fire in May earning a goal and and two assists.
- On July 11, 2018, Fafa Picault had an assist in a victory against the Chicago Fire. This will be his third start in the 2018 installment of the U.S. Open Cup.
- In 2018, Cory Burke has two starts against the Chicago Fire and has scored three goals with a total of ten shots.