Philadelphia Union To Begin Audi 2018 MLS Cup Playoffs On Wednesday Night
Union to face New York City FC at Yankee Stadium on Wednesday evening at 7:00 p.m. ET in a Knockout Round match;
Contest to be televised on FS1, UniMas
Philadelphia Union are set to begin their Audi 2018 MLS Cup Playoffs run on Wednesday evening at New York City FC (7:00 p.m. ET / FS1, UniMas). The contest is a rematch of today’s Decision Day match at Yankee Stadium, which saw the Union finish with the sixth seed in the Eastern Conference. Wednesday’s match is a Knockout Round clash; Philadelphia would advance to the home-and-home Eastern Conference Semifinals with a victory and host a match on Sunday, November 4.
Below please find a recap of today’s contest at New York City FC:
Philadelphia Union 1 – New York City FC 3
Yankee Stadium (New York, NY)
Sunday, October 28, 2018
MEDIA RESOURCES AVAILABLE:
TODAY’S MATCH INFO:
Yankee Stadium (New York, NY)
Referee: Alan Kelly
Assistants Referees: Corey Rockwell, Corey Parker
Fourth Official: Fotis Bazakos
VAR: Dave Gantar
Weather: 52 degrees and cloudy
NYC – Maxime Chanot (Maximiliano Moralez) 8’
NYC – Auston Trusty (own goal) 10’
PHI – Cory Burke (Borek Dockal) 14’
NYC – David Villa (unassisted) 34’
PHI – Auston Trusty (caution) 16’
PHI – Cory Burke (caution) 40’
PHI – Haris Medunjanin (caution) 67’
Philadelphia Union: Andre Blake; Keegan Rosenberry (Fabinho 68’); Mark McKenzie, Auston Trusty, Raymon Gaddis; Haris Medunjanin, Alejandro Bedoya; CJ Sapong (Jay Simpson 76’), Borek Dockal, Fafa Picault; Cory Burke (Ilsinho 46’)
Substitutes not used: John McCarthy; Jack Elliot, Warren Creavalle, Derrick Jones
New York City FC: Sean Johnson; Anton Tinnerholm, Maxime Chanot (Ebenezer Ofori 88’), Alexander Callens, Ben Sweat; Alexander Ring, Yangel Herrera; Jesus Medina (Ismael Tajouri-Shradi 85’), Maximiliano Moralez (Eloi Amagat 68’), Ronald Matarrita; David Villa
Substitutes not used: Brad Stuver; Sebastien Ibeagha, Valentin Castellanos, Rodney Wallace
- With a helper on Cory Burke’s goal, Borek Dočkal finished the 2018 regular season as MLS’ leader in assists with 18.
- Auston Trusty became MLS’ youngest field player in history to play 3,060 minutes (every minute of every game in a 34-game regular season) in the regular season with his 90-minute performance against NYCFC today … Trusty also became only the fourth player in Union history to play 3,060 minutes in a season.
- With today’s start, Andre Blake set his career-high for most games started in a season with 33 … Blake also set a franchise-high for saves in a single-season with 118.
- After today’s result, the Union secured the sixth seed in the Eastern Conference … the 2018 regular season saw the Union set club records in points (50), wins (15), and road points (21).
- The Union return to Yankee Stadium to begin the Audi 2018 MLS Cup Playoffs on Wednesday, October 31 in a Knockout Round clash (7:00 p.m. ET / FS1, UniMas).