Philadelphia Union’s 2018 season is right around the corner. The team will kick off its campaign with a Home Opener against New England Revolution, presented by Oliver Heating and Cooling, on March 3.
Luckily for fans, the club has lots planned leading up to opening day! Check out the schedule for MLS is Back below and see how you can get prepared for the upcoming season.
Friday, Feb. 23:
- Sons of Ben will begin setting up for the team’s Home Opener tifo painting at Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company in Croydon, PA from 6 p.m. to 11p.m. Those interested in attending or helping setup can contact Ryan Bross for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, Feb. 24:
- The Union will host Regional 1 of the Union Esports Open presented by Independence Blue Cross at YSC Sports to begin its quest for the best FIFA 18 gamer in Philadelphia, with a chance to represent the team and compete in eMLS Cup at PAX East Boston. All gamers for these events have been selected and confirmed.
- Sons of Ben will host its official tifo painting day for the Home Opener at Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. All fans are welcome to assist with painting with any experience! If you’re new, please remember not to post photos of the tifo before game day. Volunteers may park in the lot and enter through the tap room. Check out the Sons of Ben Facebook page for additional information!
Sunday, Feb. 25:
- Regional 2 of the Union Esports Open presented by Independence Blue Cross will be hosted at Independence LIVE Philadelphia. The Top 16 from each Regional at YSC Sports and IBX Live will battle for the crown after the Home Opener on Sunday, March 4 to represent the Union and compete in eMLS Cup at PAX East Boston. Gamers have already been selected and confirmed. Spectators are welcome.
Tuesday, Feb. 27:
- The Union’s new stadium murals will be unveiled, with this year’s artwork designed by Jay Cunliffe of Bonedaddy’s Tattoo and Evan Lovett with VURT, a Philadelphia Mural Arts organization. The murals will be on display throughout the 2018 season.
Wednesday, Feb. 28:
- Head Coach Jim Curtin will host his weekly press conference and will be streamed live on Facebook.
- The Union will also host its annual Meet the Team event at Dave and Busters, presented by Xfinity, at the Penn’s Landing location from 7-9 Wednesday night. Fans are encouraged to wear blue and gold to the event. Season ticket members will meet with the team exclusively from 7-8 p.m. and will open to the general public from 8-9 p.m.
Thursday, March 1:
- Union in the Media Day! You can catch interviews with Union players throughout the day as they preview the Home Opener and the 2018 season on your television, radio and mobile device.
- Each year, Union staff clean up around Talen Energy Stadium’s Campus in preparation for the Home Opener. The team’s Front Office will work together to make the stadium clean and enjoyable for fans on opening day.
Friday, March 2:
- Pub Affiliate Day: Union fans can show off their Union gear for drink specials at the team's Pub affiliates! Participating pubs below:
Mott’s Lower Level Bar - 1500 New Holland Rd, Reading, PA 19607
Free draft beer with the purchase of your first draft beer
Appetites On Main - 286 Main St, Exton, PA 19341
$5 Jack Daniels Cocktails
Smith’s Restaurant & Bar - 39 S 19th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
$4 Draft Beer
Lucky Strike Philadelphia - 1336 Chestnut St. Philadelphia, PA 19107
$3 Drafts and ½ price pizzas
- #DressForMLS is back! Fans can show off their Union colors by wearing the club’s gear and share their photos/videos on Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #Dress4MLS. MLS will feature fans’ posts throughout the day and ultimately select one grand-prize winner for a trip to this year's MLS All-Star Game presented by Target in Atlanta, GA.
Here's how it works:
Tweet or Instagram a photo/video of you in club gear on Friday, March 2
Include #Dress4MLS AND #contest in your Tweet or Instagram post
Saturday, March 3:
- Finally, the 2018 Home Opener against New England Revolution, presented by Oliver Heating and Cooling is here! The first 5,000 fans to enter the gates prior to the match will receive a schedule magnet courtesy of Oliver Heating and Cooling. The magnet will feature all of the Union’s home and away matches with dates, opponents and contact information for Oliver Heating and Cooling.